Urgent Action: Call Troy Grant Today
Call Troy Grant today and ask him what he is doing to secure a gasfield free Northern Rivers.
In the last days of the election campaign earlier this year Deputy Premier and National Party leader Troy Grant and member for Lismore Thomas George made the people of the Northern Rivers a promise. They promised to buy back PEL 445, a large gas licence in our region. And, just last week, after the Nationals conference, federal MP for Page Kevin Hogan told us the Nationals are committed to buying back ALL of the licences in our region.
The thing is, the deadline for buy back of licences in the NSW Gas Plan is June 30th. That means they have seven days to buy back licences in the Northern Rivers.
Troy Grant has been widely quoted as saying, “I support the views of regional communities and it has been made very clear that the Northern Rivers community does not want CSG.”
It has all been sounding very promising but now with only seven days to go nothing concrete has been done, and it’s still just talk and no action!
Please take a few minutes to call Troy Grant’s office now on (02) 8574 6800
- Tell Troy Grant he needs to urgently honour the Nationals promise of buying back PEL 445.
- Remind him that we want to see the whole of the Northern Rivers from the Tweed to the Clarence protected, and that the approaching deadline is a good opportunity to buy back Clarence Moreton Resources PEL 457 as well. See here for a map of licences in the Northern Rivers.
- Tell them that the community expects that Metgasco’s licences will also be removed and that the best way to do so would be to reintroduce the public interest as grounds for cancellation in the Petroleum Onshore Act.
- You should highlight the unwavering opposition of the community to our region being turned into industrial gasfields and that we will not rest until our entire region is gasfield free.
- You can emphasise the broad political consensus that emerged during the last election with Labor and the Greens both committing to a gasfield free Northern Rivers and the Christian Democratic Party committing to a 5 year moratorium. Now it is up to the government to act decisively.
- Lastly be sure to thank them for their time and for taking your call.
Then, after you’ve made your call, it would be great if you could amplify your efforts by sending an email or fill in the contact form for Troy Grant, Premier Baird, and Minister Anthony Roberts.
Their email addresses and contact forms are:
Troy Grant firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister for Resources and Energy Anthony Roberts
Please join us in this action to call for secure permanent protection from dangerous and invasive unconventional gas mining for our region!